WEEKLY MEMORY VERSES

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

John 7:38

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

Luke 10:19

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy, nothing will harm you."

Psalm 37:4

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give the desires of your heart."

Psalm 103:2-3

"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases"

Phil 4:13

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

John 8:32

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Hebrews 4:12

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

Matthew 6:21

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Isaiah 1:19

"If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land."

Proverbs 10:22

"The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it."

Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Seven "I AM"

Jesus said ‘I am’ on seven occasions. Each ‘I am’ is a description Jesus gave of Himself and is recorded in John’s Gospel. The Seven ‘I am’ sayings help us better understand the divinity of Jesus Christ.

1. Bread
"I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35 (NIV)

2. Light
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 (NIV)

3. Gate
"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture." John 10:9 (NIV)

4. Good Shepherd
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John 10:11 (NIV)

5. Resurrection and Life
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies" John 11:25 (NIV)

6. Way, Truth, Life
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

7. True vine
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener." John 15:1 (NIV)

The divinity of Jesus Christ is further illustrated in John 8:58. Jesus said, "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!", which means that Jesus existed before His human life on earth.

John 8:58 Or before Abraham was even born, I have always been alive; Greek reads before Abraham was, I am. See Exod 3:14.

No comments: