WEEKLY MEMORY VERSES

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

John 7:38

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

Luke 10:19

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy, nothing will harm you."

Psalm 37:4

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give the desires of your heart."

Psalm 103:2-3

"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases"

Phil 4:13

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

John 8:32

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Hebrews 4:12

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

Matthew 6:21

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Isaiah 1:19

"If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land."

Proverbs 10:22

"The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it."

Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Don't Break The Elastic

To all phenomenal women Loved this and wanted to share.



Don't break the elastic!
In April, Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah on her 70+ birthday. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older.And, there on television, she said it was 'exciting.' Regarding body changes, she said there were many, occurring every day...like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which will reach her waist, first.
The audience laughed so hard they cried. She is such a simple and honest woman, with so much wisdom in her words!
Maya Angelou also said this:'I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow .'
''I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."
''I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life."
''I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as 'making a life."
''I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.."
''I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back."
"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.''
"I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.''
"I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.''
"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.''
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

No comments: